14 October 2010

What is "Slimming World"?



What is SLIMMING WORLD?

Slimming World is a new way of cooking - not a "new in the world", but more of a "new to you" way of cooking.  It teaches people how to cook without a lot of oils, fats, processed foods and refined sugars.  It is less of a diet and more of a teaching/learning experience.  It's learning a new, healthier way of life.  It's keeping all the flavour, but reducing (not eliminating) the foods that can cause major health problems.

There is no counting points - something I really struggled with when I tried the weight-watchers diet.  I often came to the end of my points allowance, but was still hungry...  I couldn't seem to eat enough protein to keep me feeling satisfied.  The result of this hunger was... grumpiness - just ask my family!  It was no way to live.

With Slimming World I can choose from one of three "plans" - which ever fits me best.  There is the GREEN PLAN, which is a lot of pasta and rice, and lower on the meats.  There is the RED plan, which is a lot of meat and potatoes, and lower on the rice and pasta.  And there is, my personal choice, the EXTRA EASY plan which is lower on the breads and cereals, but as much as I want of meat, potatoes, pasta, rice, fruits and veggies!  (just as long as 1/3 my diet is fruits and veggies)

If you are interested in more information, I really encourage you to take a look at the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment